Call your leasing agent today
28 Park Place Drive, Covington, LA 70433
One cup of evaporated milk can be substituted for one cup of heavy cream in most recipes.
If you go to a ballgame, barbecue or other outdoor event this summer, avoid putting on perfume or cologne beforehand — these types of scents can attract mosquitoes.
Shredded chicken is a flexible ingredient that can be used to make chicken salad, chicken tacos, chicken pot pie and more. To make sure you always have it on hand, buy chicken on sale and cook it ahead of time. Place the chicken in a pot, cover with water, and season with salt and pepper. Over medium to high heat, bring the pot to a boil, then cover and let simmer for a couple of hours, until done. After it ’ s cooled, debone and shred the meat, and pour the broth in a separate container. Both the chicken and stock can be frozen if you won ’ t use it right away.
People who have trouble falling asleep often find that a soothing bedtime ritual, such as taking a bath or playing music, helps them wind down.
Tea will help ease sunburn pain. Pour a pot of brewed tea into a bathtub of lukewarm water. Soak in the tub until your skin feels better.
Those who suffer from seasonal allergies should keep car windows closed while traveling, avoid being outdoors between 5 and 10 a.m. when pollen counts are at their highest, and stay away from freshly cut grass.
Stay hydrated during hot weather by snacking on juicy raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. Eat them plain or mixed with yogurt and a little granola for a sweet treat.
To give a savory dish a little something extra, add a squeeze of lemon juice instead of salt. A bit of citrus can make a big difference.
Here are a few reminders:
• Please be courteous to your neighbors and pick up after your pets!!!
• We love to provide the trash valet service for you all but we get lots of complaints about unbagged trash, which increases odors, trails of leaking bags all the way from doors to the trash containers or large items being disposed improperly. PLEASE check your trash bags and make sure they are not leaking and double bag if necessary. Also bring all items that do not fit inside of trash containers directly to the dumpster.
• Please be mindful of your speed while driving on the premises.
• Movie Room is available at no charge by reservation only. Please keep in mind that NO pool parties are allowed so if you are planning a gathering in the Movie Room, it must NOT include the pool. The pool is for residents only and no more than 2 guest per apartment unit are allowed.
• Dispose of cigarette butts by using an ashtray. Please do NOT throw them over the balcony or leave them on the breezeway.
Ever since cars hit the road, a variety of businesses have attracted customers with the convenience of drive-thru window service. Today, drivers can do their banking, pick up prescriptions, drop off dry cleaning and even get married just by pulling up to a drive-thru.
By far, the most common drive-thru service is for fast food. In fact, it’s so popular that July 24 marks National Drive-Thru Day.
Drive-thrus evolved from the popular concept of drive- ins, where a carhop would take your order and deliver your food. Sources differ on who first offered drive-thru service, but one thing they can agree on is that it revolutionized the fast-food segment of the restaurant industry.
Technological advancements have enhanced the process. Wireless intercom systems arrived in the 1980s, allowing employees to wear headsets, which enabled them to move about and multitask while taking orders. Monitors and LED screens let customers verify their orders and see the amount due.
Today, there are more than 200,000 drive-thru restaurants in the U.S., and drive-thru business brings in up to 70 percent of their profits. Some restaurants only serve using a drive-thru, and many have added multiple lanes to boost sales and service.