Call your leasing agent today
28 Park Place Drive, Covington, LA 70433
The staff of Ibis Trail would like to thank you for choosing your new home here at Ibis Trail. We are dedicated in giving the best possible service with a professional and courteous attitude. We are very proud of our community and we want you to be proud to come home to Ibis Trail. We cannot promise you will never have a problem, but we can promise to give you fast and courteous service. If at any time our service or attitude is not the highest quality, we personally want to know about it. We care about you and want you to feel that Ibis Trail is not just another apartment community, but your home. Service and good attitude is not our slogan but our commitment to you and your needs. We know you will begin to see this commitment in action if you call us with problems. We encourage all suggestions or comments you may have. We are not only employees here, but we are your neighbors. Ibis Trail is our community: YOURS AND OURS. Let’s work together to make this the best community in Covington. We look forward to meeting each of you. Once again, thank you for choosing Ibis Trail at Covington
RULES & REGULATIONS
As a condition of residency, management has established the following policies to ensure the comfort and convenience of ALL Community residents.
1. Service Request – We pride ourselves on our wonderful maintenance staff. Please call (985) 898-3443 with any service request. You may also visit our website to fill out a service request at www.ibistrailatcovington.com. We are not able to schedule or make appointments for service requests, as we handle them in the order they were received. If it is after business hours and you have an emergency, you may call (985) 898-3443.
2. Rental Payments – All rental payments must be in the form of a personal check, cashier’s check, or money order. Sorry, we do not accept cash. To insure proper accounting of your check, make sure that your correct address and apartment number is written on the check.
3.Late Fees – Rent is due on the first, with a grace period through the fourth. All rental payments received after 5:00 p.m. on the fourth are considered late and will be charged a $100.00 late fee. To ensure you get proper credit for your payment, please make sure your apartment number is on your payment. Please do not place your rental payments in an envelope. Any open accounts will be filed for eviction on the tenth (10th) of the month, at which time we will ask for possession of the apartment and resident will be responsible for all of the fees listed in section thirty (30) of your Lease. Rental payments may be left in the drop box located in the mail room. The drop box is checked daily
4.Returned Checks – ANY check that is returned, regardless of the reasons will be charged a $50.00 service fee PLUS any and all applicable late fees. Late fees will also be due until restitution is made. IF the returned check has NOT been paid within 24 hours of notification, the account will be sent to collections. Following the second returned check, you will be required to pay by cashier’s check or money order for all future payments.
5. Emergencies – For any emergencies, call 911 first. After calling 911, please report the incident to our office by calling (985) 898-3443.
6. Unattended House Report – “Unattended House Reports” are available at the office to be filled out. This report will let us know where we can reach you, or who to contact, if you are out of town, and if there is an emergency with your apartment.
7. Noise and Disturbance – Because we want you to be able to enjoy the peace and quiet offered at Ibis Trail, we ask that all residents refrain from making or permitting any loud or disturbing noises during the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. Speakers, musical instruments and radios are not to be played on balconies or in open windows. Disturbance complaints should be reported to the office immediately. All complaints will be kept confidential. Upon a third complaint you may be asked to move.
8. Automobiles – Any automobile/motorcycles found and considered, in management’s opinion, not in working condition, expired safety inspection stickers, flat tires or with expired plates, will be tagged and towed within 24 hours at the owner’s expense. Car washing or repairs are not permitted anywhere on the property. Parking on the grass will result in towing of your vehicle. Management has full immunity from damages for any such towing action. Motorcycles are to be parked in proper parking spaces only, not on sidewalks or grass areas.
9. Parking – Open parking spaces are unassigned. The property does not have enough available parking to accommodate more than one vehicle per adult resident.
10. Keys and Locks – A deadbolt has been provided on each door. The lock has been changed prior to your move in. Therefore, we prohibit any alterations, additions, or replacements of any kind. If you request your lock to be changed, there will be a $45 fee assessed to your account. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to assist with a lock out, but there is a $35 lock out fee if the call is received after hours. Please remember if you are locked out of your apartment, you will need to provide identification prior to being let in the apartment. We will NOT admit anyone into the apartment whose name does not appear on the Lease.
11. Window Covering – To keep the community attractive and uniform please leave the provided window treatments on the windows.
12. Pets – Only cats and dogs are permitted. A limit of two (2) pets per apartment will be enforced. The maximum total weight is limited to an aggregate of sixty (60) pounds. Anyone bringing a new pet into the community should report it to the office and complete the required registration form. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets and either utilizing a pooper scooper or the pet station facilities to dispose of pet waste. Pets must be on a leash at all times and are not allowed to roam the property without their owner. Pets should be walked on the perimeter of the building, not in areas most frequently used by residents. A non-refundable pet fee of $350 is required on all pets and a monthly pet assessment of $15.00 per pet is to be paid at the time rent is due. PET SITTING IS NOT ALLOWED.
13. Supervision of Children – It is the responsibility of the Resident and parents to see that their children and visiting children abide by the property’s rules and regulations. Children should not be left unattended outside, throughout the community or on balconies. Parents are to be held responsible for their children’s actions.
14. Solicitors – Solicitors, of any kind, are not allowed on the property and should be reported to the leasing office as soon as possible. Parents are not permitted to allow their children to solicit door-to-door, thus providing all residents with privacy in their homes.
15. Patios and Balconies – Patios and balconies must have a neat and clean appearance. Any items not intended for outdoor use nor considered to be outdoor furniture are not permitted on patios or balconies. It is not permitted to hang clothes or shake rugs over balconies. It is not permitted to install or affix anything to the railings or columns of the patio/balcony. We ask for a two plant minimum in order to maintain uniformity and a well-kept appearance. All plants must have something underneath them to catch the excess water after watering. Please keep trash off patio/balcony. NO BARBEQUE GRILLS.
16. Interior/Exterior Alterations – In order to keep maintenance programs uniform to save you money, no alterations such as painting, wallpapering, light fixtures, ceiling fans, or adhesive shelf paper is permitted. To maintain the shine on floors, only use a mild dishwashing detergent. In order to keep a more uniform appearance no exterior alterations are permitted.
17. Trash Removal – All trash must be put in plastic bags and tied securely to prevent spillage. Trash will be picked up 7 days a week between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. outside of resident’s front door. There is a $25.00 trash fee that must be paid monthly by each tenant. A fee of $150.00 will be charged for removal of trash left out during morning hours. DO NOT place trash out the morning before a scheduled pick up or on days we do not provide trash service as it becomes unsightly and will attract pests. Trash will not be picked up on holidays. Disposal of large items such as furniture is the resident’s responsibility to take to the parish dump. Large boxes must be broken down before being left for trash pickup. Anything other than trash bags or broken down boxed will not be accepted for pickup. All move-outs must remember not to leave trash by the front door upon move out or a removal fee may be deducted from your security deposit.
18. Packages – The office will be happy to sign for deliveries when you are not home. We are not responsible for any packages that are lost, stolen, or damaged. If your package remains in the office after hours, and it is necessary that you get it, we will bring it to your apartment and there will be a $35 fee charged to your account. This is a service that we provide to our residents. If it is inconvenient for you to pick up your packages at the office during office hours, then you may want to make other arrangements. It is the responsibility of the carrier, not the office staff, to inform you that you have a package in the office.
19. Lights – Exterior lights are inspected periodically; however a light can burn out within minutes of inspection. Please report any outages to the office.
20. Swimming Pool – Our pool operates under a swim at your own riskpolicy. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to swim without a parent or guardian. All guests must be accompanied by a resident, with a limit of two guests per apartment. Our pools stay open all year long. (See attached Pool Rules)
21. Exercise Room – The exercise room may be accessed 24 hours 7 days a week with your gate remote. The exercise room is for Residents only. (Sorry, no guests allowed). This area is operated under a use at your own riskpolicy. Management will not be responsible for any injuries incurred while utilizing this facility. You are asked to take good care of the equipment provided and to report any nonworking equipment to the office immediately. Appropriate workout attire is required. No Smoking, food or drink in the fitness center. We also suggest that you consult your physician prior to use.
22. Smoke Detectors/Fire Extinguishers – Resident hereby acknowledges the apartment is equipped with working smoke detectors and fire extinguisher. I understand that it is my responsibility to report any detector not working or a low charge on the extinguisher to the office.
23. Maintenance Release – Resident hereby gives the employees of this Community permission to enter my apartment if a potential emergency exists, if there are repairs to be done, or for scheduled maintenance. Maintenance requests must be made to the office, not to the staff while on the property. These requests will be handled on a first called, first served basis. Any repairs made due to misuse or negligence will be billed to the Resident.
24. Pest Control – We provide pest control on scheduled visits. You will be notified prior to the scheduled visit. If you are experiencing a problem between treatments, please let us know.
25. Waterbeds – Waterbeds are allowed with insurance only.
26. Mail – All mail will be returned to sender by post office for not having a proper apartment number and unit number. Be sure to notify sender of the correct address.
27. Resident Confidentiality – We do not give out any information concerning our residents to anyone. That includes but is not limited to resident’s name, apartment number, phone number, etc. We require advance notice by the leaseholder of the apartment to let anyone into your apartment or the gate. If you are expecting a delivery please let us know ahead of time.
28. Security – Residents do hereby acknowledge that the Landlord shall not provide and has no duty to provide any security services to the residents of this community. Residents shall look solely to the public police force for protection. Resident agrees and acknowledges that protection against criminal action is not within the power of the Landlord. Landlord shall not be liable for failure to provide adequate security services or for criminal, i.e. wrongful actions, against residents, or their guest.
29. Front Gate – Any residents caught lifting or breaking the gate will be fined $300.00 for their actions plus the cost of repairs. Any resident’s guest caught lifting the gate is the responsibility of the resident and the resident will be charged for any fees incurred.
30. Guest – Residents are responsible for their guest and their guest’s actions at all times
POOL HOURS ARE FROM 8:00 AM UNTIL 10:00 PM DAILY
Please note that the pools are for exclusive use of our residents’ enjoyment. Non-residents must be accompanied by a resident and should be limited to 2 guests per apartment.
1. Swim at your own risk. No lifeguard on duty.
2. A responsible adult must accompany children under the age of 14.
3. No food or glass beverage containers will be permitted at pool. No personal barbecue pits allowed.
4. No diving from any locations at the pools.
5. Proper swim attire is required (property swimming attire includes bathing suits, thongs or inappropriately revealing bathing suits are not permitted, and regular street clothes are not permitted inside the pool).
6. Wipe off excess suntan oil before entering the pool.
7. No running or roughness at the pool.
8. No profanity, shouting or loud parties. Alcohol is not permitted.
9. Radios are to be kept at a low volume, we suggest earphones. When using a radio, CD player etc., please use consideration for your neighbors.
10. Please use ashtrays provided by the coke machines, outside of the pool area.
11. Please dispose of any cans and other trash in the containers provided at the pool.
12. All guests must be accompanied by a resident and are limited to 2 guests per apartment.
13. Management is not responsible for any accident or injuries, or any items lost or stolen at either pool.
14. Pool gates are to remain closed at all times.
15. Pets are not permitted in the pool area.
16. The bathroom may only be entered with the use of a resident access card – residents and guests must be completely dry before entering the facilities.
17. Smoking is not permitted in pool area.